Ye Olde Urinary System 12/10

This week we finished our models of the urinary system and began working on a story using Storyboard That about the cycle of blood and waste through the urinary system. A few of my classmates did their presentations about the  digestive and urinary system. I learned that fecal transplants are not yet evaluated by the FDA, and they are often used as a last resort. I have not done my presentation yet, but I think I will soon. For my digestive and urinary research project I researched Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I learned that Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a chronic disease in which there are abnormal contractions in the large intestine often caused by a poor connection between the brain and the colon.

We didn’t have science on Thursday this week because the fourth through eighth graders left the school to practice for the winter concert that happened on Thursday night. The concert was a pretty fun event, but I realized afterword that it would be my last one at Pathfinder since the school only goes through eighth grade. Next week I imagine we will be doing more presentations for the digestive and urinary unit, as well as working on our urinary system stories.

How much urine does one excrete in a day?

When are fecal transplants expected to be evaluated by the FDA?

How long have doctors recognized Irritable Bowel Syndrome?